Meet Archer the adorable Emperor Penguin Chick.
Archer was created for my Going, Going, Going exhibition. He was placed onto a fake iceberg with a lot of plastic embedded into it. His job was to make everyone think about the packaging going into our oceans.
I created him from Cheriot core with Shetland, Merino and silk mix feathers. A polymer clay beak and nails, black beads for eyes. His highly detailed feet are a feature if you can look past his face. Wire armature in his wings and feet. So his wings are posable but not the rest of him.
He is life sized and is weighted to really make him feel alive.
Archer is not a toy and would do best displayed in a glass cabinet out of reach from children and pets.
He is waiting for you to adopt him ❤️
Size 25 x 12 x 20 cm.
Archer, the Emperor Penguin Chick
· Long coated fur should NOT be combed or brushed
· Use a large needle to gently straighten the fur.
· Trim any stray hairs rather then pulling them.
· Keeping your sculpture behind glass is preferable.
· Be aware of pets trying to kill your sculpture.
· Moths also like your sculpture. If you suspect moth activity, put your sculpture into the freezer for at least 14 days.
· Dust can be gently be brushed off with a clean makeup brush.
· Should something happen to your sculpture, surgery is an option.