You will receive a link to download your PDF Feltorial in the Thank You page of the check out, along with an emailed link that will last for 30 days.
Feltorial 'Sleeping Aussie Baby' Bilby
Project 6 - Level 2.
The biggest lesson from the Bilby Feltorial is the ears. I will show you how to create the largest and finest in the series so far. These ears are created to look more like skin than fur and I will show you how to create more detail and expression with ears and why it’s important.
The snout of the Bilby is just like a little pig and there are some tips and tricks on how we can achieve this. More whiskers and a new technique to create a very pronounced and slender snout will enhance and reinforce the lessons learned in the Phascogale Feltorial.
There are loads of instructional photos to help you with the heavier body sculpting and brand new techniques for creating the spectacular plumed tail. All of this and more to prepare you for the next challenge as we cross the half way mark in the Sleeping Aussie Babies Series.
In 31 pages, with 100 pictures and written instructions, Reena takes you step by step through the process of creating your own Bilby.
To make this Bilby you will need:
- A ball of light Romney core or any other core wool about 8-10 gms.
- Black Corriedale, about 2 gms.
- Light Grey Corriedale, about 2 gms.
- White Corriedale, about 2-3 gms.
- Raw Gold Corriedale, about 5 gms.
- Grey Shetland, about 5 gms.
- Black Merino, about 1 gm.
- Pink Merino, less than 1 gm.
• Size 32, 36, and 38 needle. • Felting foam (any foam will do, like a car sponge). • Wooden Skewer. • Hot water bottle. • Liquid soap. • Cup with hot water. • Rubber gloves. • Iron. • Scissors. • White Glue. • Tweezers. • Pink Marker.
Optional: • Cardboard cards. • Comb.
You can also purchase the kit under Shop - Needle Felting Kits
Why don't you give it a try. One stab at a time, I can guarantee you will enjoy it.