You will receive a link to download your PDF Feltorial in the Thank You page of the check out, along with an emailed link that will last for 30 days.
Feltorial 'Sleeping Aussie Baby' Shingleback
Project 11 - Level 3.
Number 11 is the third of the advanced sculpture in the SAB series. The tiny toes are preparing you for the final sculpture which is the tiny BEHM (Big Eared Hopping Mouse).
This Feltorial has a new way of creating toes and attaching limbs. With four separate techniques for scale creation and some outrageous ways to create shading and special effects.
Just like colouring for adults on in 3D, this adorable little Aussie will teach you the skills for creating dragon skin in a small achievable sculpture. The technique is akin to meditation and certainly hushes the busy mind.
There is a lot less stabbing and a lot more poking in this on so you can sit back and relax. It’s only up to you how much detail you will dedicate to this project, I think you should make two as they are monogamous lizards and pair for up to 20 years.
You can read all about this unique (one of my favourite) little Speeping Aussie Baby in this Feltorial.
In 31 pages, with over 130 pictures and written instructions, Reena takes you step by step through the process of creating your own Shingleback.
To make this Shingleback you will need:
- Dark Romney Core, about 20 gms.
- Raw Bronze Corriedale, about 1-2 gms.
- Dark Chocolate Merino, about 1-2 gms.
- Camel Merino, about 1-2 gms.
- Grey Brown Merino, less than 1 gm.
- Mixed Light Grey Merino, less than 1 gm.
- Glacier Merino, less than 1 gm.
- Black Silk Tussah, less than 1 gm.
- Optional: Pale Silk Tussah, less than 1 gm.
- 1 x 46cm length of brown florist stem cloth wire 18 gauge
- 1 x 360mm length of silver florist wire 30 gauge
- Size 36, 38 and 40 needles.
- Felting foam.
- Pointy tipped scissors.
- Curved nail scissors.
- Fiskar scissors.
- Pliers (curved and cutting).
- Gaffer Tape.
- White and Craft glue.
- White, Brown, Yellow, Black and Blue oil pastels.
- Permanent markers Bronze, Brown and Blue.
- Artists Spray Sealer (Matt)
- Tea light candle and matches.
- Broken needle with handle.
You can also purchase the whole kit under Shop - Needle Felting Kits
Why don't you give it a try. One stab at a time, I can guarantee you will enjoy it.