'Sleeping Aussie Baby' Wombat Felting Kit
Project 7, Level 2
There is no template in this Feltorial as it’s important to start visualising more and learning to trust your instinct. There is, however, a map of the detail of the paw pad. There are loads of photos showing each stage of core construction. With new techniques to create limbs and two, very detailed paw pads that are painted with wool to layer the shading. How to create claws and eyelids from wool. The reverse needle is used extensively to create the illusion of hair and supporting attachment of limbs. Also the use of different fibres as core and the use of knots in the core to help create features.
The repetition of many techniques from the previous projects and the addition of more diverse methods, means this Feltorial is jam packed with detail oriented learning.
Included in the kit:
- A ball of (dark) Romney core or any other core wool about 20 gms.
- Brown, Dark Grey and Grey Shetland wool, about 2 gms of each colour.
- Light Grey Corriedale, about 2 gms.
- Dark Pink, Camel, Grey-Brown and Choc Brown Merino, about 1gms of each colour.
- Skin Pink Merino, about 2 gms.
- Raw Bronze Corriedale, about 2 gms.
- Raw Gold Corriedale, about 1 gm.
- Size 32, 36, 38, 40 needle and reverse needle.
Downloadable PDF Feltorial with the instructions.
NOT included are Felting foam (any foam will do, like car sponge), Iron, Curved Nail Scissors, Pointy tipped Scissors, White Glue, Baking Paper, Clover Brush, Extra heavy skewer and Pink Marker which you will need. Optional: hot water bottle, liquid soap, cup with hot water, cardboard cards.
To spare nature there are no printed instructions in the kit, you will receive a link to download an extensive PDF Feltorial.
Why don't you give it a try. One stab at a time, I can guarantee you will enjoy it.