This amazing Gooty is named after the town she comes from in India. They are very desirable to the pet trade but unfortunately don't always do well in captivity. These guys are endangered due to this and the loss of natural habitat. Captivity is always a double edged sword.
The sculpture is made with a wire armature wrapped in delicate amounts of wool, then stabbed very carefully along the wire. Her underside is made with non toxic Super Light Air Dry Clay (Claytastic) and sewn with black upholstery thread for definition. She is very posable. She is quite sturdy however all care should be taken to treat her as ART.
She should be displayed in a cloche or cabinet. She is not a toy but is a fantastic Arachnophobia cure!
(14cm by 14cm by 7 cm)
· Long coated fur should NOT be combed or brushed
· Use a large needle to gently straighten the fur.
· Trim any stray hairs rather then pulling them.
· Keeping your sculpture behind glass is preferable.
· Be aware of pets trying to kill your sculpture.
· Moths also like your sculpture. If you suspect moth activity, put your sculpture into the freezer for at least 14 days.
· Dust can be gently be brushed off with a clean makeup brush.
· Should something happen to your sculpture, surgery is an option.