I decided to create a life sized joey way before I had the essential skills to do so. This resulted in a 2 year journey to see her materialise before me.
Over this time she became quite a celebrity in my Felt Obsessed Facebook group. Everyone loves her and she always attracts a crowd when she is out. Evie is an artwork in every sence of the word. Her little face just makes you smile involantarily.
She is only for a very special home who onderstands her needs of a glass cabinet free from moths, children and pets. Somewhere she can do some good by making you smile every day.
Created from; Wire Armature, Merino, Shetland, Apoxy Sculpt, Claytastic, Kangaroo Whiskers and Black Teddy Bear eyes, False Eyelashes.
Evie is only capable of very gentle posing.
Size 42 x 30 x 16 cm.
Miss Evie, the Grey Kangaroo
· Long coated fur should NOT be combed or brushed
· Use a large needle to gently straighten the fur.
· Trim any stray hairs rather then pulling them.
· Keeping your sculpture behind glass is preferable.
· Be aware of pets trying to kill your sculpture.
· Moths also like your sculpture. If you suspect moth activity, put your sculpture into the freezer for at least 14 days.
· Dust can be gently be brushed off with a clean makeup brush.
· Should something happen to your sculpture, surgery is an option.