You will receive a link to download your PDF Feltorial in the Thank You page of the check out, along with an emailed link that will last for 30 days.
Feltorial 'Sleeping Aussie Baby' Phascogale
Project 5 - Level 2.
It would benefit you immensely to have done the first four Feltorials if you are a beginner. The next four projects will become increasingly detail driven. I will explain a lot less about the basics that have been outlined in the first four beginner level projects.
The Phascogale is a lesson in finesse. The whole less is more lesson and the realisation that smaller doesn’t equal easier. With a highly detailed nose and little whiskers, this little guy is going to really challenge you to use the skills you have learned so far. The use of the reverse needle is dependent on firm prefelting and by now you should have some reliable felting muscles. However the reverse needle uses different muscles and you will learn how to pull each hair out, comb it and trim it. This technique is a very important one later on as we advance toward the second half of the Sleeping Aussie Babies Series.
Ears also take on a new level of detail and I show you how to make finer ones and the repetition of technique prepares you for the next Feltorial, the Bilby.
In 27 pages, with over 70 pictures and written instructions, Reena takes you step by step through the process of creating your own Phascogale. You will learn how to work on small creatures with lots of detail, reverse needle felt a tail, shape a nose using glue and to add whiskers.
To make this Phascogale you will need:
- A ball of dark Romney core or any other core wool about 5-7 gms.
- Black Corriedale, about 1 gm.
- White Corriedale, about 1 gm.
- Raw Gold Corriedale, less than 1 gm.
- Black Merino, less than 1 gm.
- Pink Merino, less than 1 gm.
• Size 32, 36, and 38 Felting Needle. • Reverse Needle. • Felting foam (any foam will do, like a car sponge). • Hot water bottle. • Liquid soap. • Cup with hot water. •Iron. • Scissors. • Comb. • White Glue. • Tweezers.
You can also purchase the kit under Shop - Needle Felting Kits
Why don't you give it a try. One stab at a time, I can guarantee you will enjoy it.